Sunday, May 31, 2020

Whatsapp Group of my UG Batchmates-Bhaveen Sheth DOTSIM-Indian MGTOW

This COVID-19 Pandemic has made many people slow down  their otherwise hectic lives. The lock down imposed in many countries has forced people to sit in their homes and look into their lives. This is a time where people have thought of catching up with old friends, school and college classmates.

Hence an idea came in the minds of one of my UG batch mates to create a group of all college mates for the year 2000 or what I would call the millennium batch. Initially I was reluctant to share my number but later agreed. I was also added to the group. Half of my batch mates are abroad and the rest are in India. Somethings never change and so do some people. In spite of Facebook and Linkedin being available, we have lost touch with each other. We are friends on Facebook but still don't talk to each other. We wish each other a happy birthday or occasionally like a post shared by someone on Facebook. Guess we are too busy in our lives now.

Coming back to the topic, I may have been added to the group but I choose to remain silent. I don't want to have any conversation on the forum. My college mates have remained the same. In the past during my travels in India when I met some of them,  they have had nothing but criticism for me. Why? Well, because I changed my career path and I am still single, unmarried and don't have any children. During college times I used to have this NORTH INDIAN group that stuck together and was judgmental about others. They just gossiped all the time. I being myself used to live a solo life and enjoyed my own company. This meant eating alone, watching movies alone and spending time reading good books and magazines. I was not liked just because I was not a part of their group. 

The situation has not changed. They still remain judgmental and I don't care. Some of them want show off on the strides they have made and how much they have gone ahead in life. I guess we all have our own journey and paths to lead and they cannot be compared. I am happy with my life.

I am living the MGTOW life and have the independence and mental peace that my married batch mates may or may not have. In my 30's, I am travelling, doing solo backpacking across India, have started by baby steps as a biker. I am also planning to take up body sculpting and long distance running to build up strength and stamina. 

These people may call me a a loner like they always did but I call it freedom. I chose quality of life over quantity. My bucket list is different from others and I don't want to compare.

In post COVID times, I have decided to socially distance myself of negative and toxic people and choose not to interact with them anymore.

The group will be active for a few days, maybe a month or two. The moment normal life resumes, people will stop interacting aand this group will become inactive and dormant like rest of the groups that are on our whatspp application. 

Bhaveen Sheth

INDIAN MGTOW

2 comments:

  1. Best is to not participate. You should mute the group and look at it only once a week.
    Mahesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I just give it a glance and archive the group. No point going through past memories.

      Delete