Sunday, January 8, 2023

Happy New Year 2023-From the Desk of the Single Indian Man-Bhaveen Sheth

 My dear friends, I hope this post finds you in good health. I would like to wish a very happy new year 2023 to all you guys. I hope you have enjoyed the 31st night.

Finally the pandemic has come to an end. We can look forward for some good times. However the news on the surge in the pandemic coming from China is daunting. Let us pray and hope that India is not affected.

For all the single men life will go as usual. I hope you will continue to remain single and not get hitched. Some of you fellows may find the right life partner and get married. Please go ahead as single life is not for everyone.

Let us see what 2023 brings for us. A major decision related to the right of consent in a marriage will be heard by our supreme court this year. This is one decision that will have a major effect on the marriage system in India. I am not bothered as I am still not married.

Over the course of time I have decided to stop advising young vulnerable gullible single Indian men. Truth be told, they will do what they want and knowingly make their lives difficult.

Across India a new racket of online sextrortion and  false rape cases have sprung up. The targets are young vulnerable single Indian men desperate for companionship. Adding to this we already had gangs running fake marriage scams wherein another section of Indian men desperate for marriage are cheated. In spite of all cautionary tales, men knowingly fall victims.

For those of us who are veterans at being single we know that our journey has to go on. With advancing age we will be facing different challenges of being single. There is a need of creating a group for 35 plus single Indian men where in we can share our problems, challenges and the joys of being single. I myself have crossed 40 but don't feel like the same as there is no one to remind me of my age.

I have started valuing mental peace, it is a prize many don't have. It comes with being single and alone. I just can't handle the drama that comes with marriage. Some of us need to realize that we are not made for marriage and accept the same happily or stoically. 

I have also realized that you just can't expect everyone to give you company. Your siblings have their own families to take care of and the same applies for your male buddies. You must learn to handle loneliness by yourself. 

I also want to counsel all single Indian men to take the habit of reading seriously. With easy availability of books online and tabs/kindle reader, it is one of the most engaging activities to beat loneliness. Read both fiction and non fiction so that you can wide your perspective. Adding to this one already has easy access to OTT streaming apps wherein you get to watch the best of the movies, web series and documentaries.

I don't need to emphasize on physical and mental health. Time and again I keep telling single men to work on the same. This year take up a resolution to do away with bad habits or addictions. This includes avoiding junk food, smoking and alcohol. Keep toxic and negative people away from your life and this includes your relatives who have no other business other than taunting and criticizing you for remaining single. Make good friends, find mentors, take wise counsel and move ahead in life.

For anyone who wishes to contact me personally. Please find my email address below:

sheth.bhaveen@gmail.com

Once again, a happy and prosperous 2023 ahead



1 comment: