Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bhaveen Sheth-DOTSIM-She was my Aapa/She is my Aapa/ She will always remain my Appa

SHE WAS MY APPA




I remember , seven years ago, there was this sweet young girl who sat beside me in the college library. Down to earth and simple, maintaining equanimity. She was my aapa.

She became on of my best seniors who guided me through my course subjects during my masters degree program and kept me equally optimistic about the future. She was my appa

I remember those days when i had no one to speak to and she would give me her time and listen to my problems. She was my aapa.

I remember the first time i cried, i cried with my head on her shoulders and she supported me and gave me all the solace that my troubled soul needed, she was my aapa.

There were difficult courses that i never understood and she took time from her schedule and sat with me so that i could learn them. She was my aapa.

Before the beginning of every exam and after its end i would go and meet her and she would give her good wishes  and support me during those times. She was my aapa.

She would warn me about those from whom i keep a distance and be careful. She was my aapa.

She completed her masters and went back to her hometown and we remained in touch through mobile phone. Every day we would converse and she would keep me optimistic. Her sweet encouraging voice made up for her absence. She was my aapa

I went through the trials and tribulations of finding a job and yes there were times, when our relation was tested, but she remained solid as a rock and ecouraged me to face difficulties and challenges. She was my aapa.

Financial crisis did take a toll on me and it is at that point when she took out money from her salary and sent it to me on a monthly basis, a gesture that i will never forget. She was my aapa.

It was through her help and her sources that i got a good job, i will never forget her for that. She was my aapa.

I changed jobs, went abroad, came back and during all these times that i have been in touch with her, she has remained the same person , always listening to me and supporting me.

I got the job of my choice and today i have made a good position for myself, it is all because of her. She is my Aapa.

Last month, i had gone to her house. In the last 13 years for the first time i ever went to a place called home. She gave me the home coming that a mother gives to her son. She fed me and took care of me. She is my Aapa.

To a Homeless destitute orphan like me, who had no one in this world to finding someone who was not even related to me in any manner  made me realize that god had left someone who would take care of me.

When i complete this blog post, i have tears in my eyes, tears of happiness and joy of having someone who has selflessly done so much for me.

To the person who has been been my best friend, sister, mother, parent, guardian and mentor. I owe you lot . And i promise that one day i will relocate to a place nearer to you so we can be together.

You were/you are and you will always remain my AAPA.

To my sweet Sister- Charu Sinha

No comments:

Post a Comment