Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bhaveen Sheth-DOTSIM-Awaiting my relocation to a Metro City

DOTSIM stands for the diary of the Single Indian Male:

Not a day goes by when i don't think of a Metro city, of how i would be happy relocating out there, working in a good organization, enjoying all the modern amenities that a Metropolitan City has to offer. WOW!!!!! Just Amazing.

At present i am living in a semi-urban city. It has all the amenities that is required for a normal person to live life and enjoy, however after some point of time this semi-urban town just sucks. One gets bored living out here.

One of the greatest problems with tier 2 and tier 3 cities in India is that the people still have that backward traditional Indian mentality. They find it difficult to accept a Single Indian Male living alone all by himself , the same applies to a single woman.

My lifestyle itself is perceived as eccentric by them. Not to forget that such small cities and towns offer very little amenities to a single man who is looking to chill out after work.

There are hardly any good libraries, bookshops, eat outs, cinemas, cultural activities and events, malls and what not. Just nothing. I don't even have an access to better Internet facility, just that BSNL, where getting a connection in today's date is like applying for a telephone facility the 60's or the 70's.

And how i think of those Modern cities, the life and the vibrant people that i plan to meet in the near future. That fun of working along with competent people.

The small city people complain of the difficulties and complexities put up by a city life. The hectic travel, the struggle and well what ever. There is no shortage of whiners and complainers in my country.

I do understand that there are problems and challenges faced by a person living in a city. But it won't be much for me, the single Indian male. No wife, no kids , just me relocating somewhere.

I dream and i dream and promise myself to buy a residential apartment in one of those gated communities of a city that provides all facilities. I dream of having that hall where i can come back from work, relax and watch a good movie on a flat screen interactive television. Taking a hot shower in that jacuzzi and having a small pint of royal scotch or a hot coffee.

And what fun would it be just going around, touring the big city, walking through the malls, getting invited to social functions, attending parties, catching up with some good movies in multiplexes, watching plays, exploring eateries spread around in the city, taking photographs of the life going by.

My imagination is endless, but there is this hope kindled in my heart and everyday i promise myself that one fine day i will go to that big city. I will relocate to the City of my dreams and make my life.

Till then i work everyday to develop my skills and work on each and every area where i can make my self competent. I take this period of my life as a training and redeeming period and everyday i work on myself to make my self a better person.

So that one day i can relocate to a big city  and live the life of my dreams.

This is Bhaveen Sheth signing off for the day , will be back with a lot.

Bhaveen Sheth

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bhavin!!!

    you have aptly described the situation in semi urban cities where people just dont mind their own business!! I did my schooling from a small town and then shifted to vadodara in order to pursue my higher education. even though it doesnt have the glitter surrounding metro cities,it provides you with most of the facilities usually correlated only with only metros. cities lk dis and surat are now getting better every passing day!!!

    all d best

    ReplyDelete